Thursday 5 February 2015

Shake it up...

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share a card I made to play along with a new challenge to me, it's 'Virginia's View Challenge Blog'.  I followed a link and ended up there the other day, and it just seemed lovely, so thought I'd give it a blast.  The Challenge this month is Shaker Cards.  Well, need I say more, who doesn't love a shaker card, right?

And here's my card...





I started with a piece of watercolour card and washed it with colour using Distress Inks, (Peacock Feathers and Dried Marigold).  I then added some cascading stars using a silver 'Glitter Texture Paste' from Cosmic Shimmer, and a Star mask from Basic Grey.  While that was drying, I created my little shaker pockets by die-cutting Lawn Fawn's 'Puffy Clouds' from vellum, and machine sewing around the the edges, leaving a little gap at the top so I could add my 'Little Ones'.  I stamped my sentiment, from Mama Elephant's, 'Make A wish' set, on the largest star, and heat embossed in 'Silver Sparkle' embossing powder. I made my own shaker pieces by die-cutting Mama Elephant's 'Confetti' die several times in card stock coloured with matching distress Inks and Silver embossing Powder, and added my wee shapes to my vellum star pockets, adding some chunky glitter (because, well, why not, right?), and finishing sewing up the top  I wanted silver thread to 'hang' my stars from, but didn't have any, so made my own by colouring white thread with a silver promarker!  I tied teeny weeny bows, and adhered my my threads to the top of my stars, and the top of my card, to give the appearance of them dangling from the sky, like little birthday wishes, ready to be picked!  And there you have it.

I hope you like it, I'd love to hear what you think!

See you soon.

Jillxxx







6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create starry-vellum-bags!
    Someone will be very happy when this cute card will be sent! (I can give you my adress... ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see that you took a plunge and join the challenge, Jill! Your background is amazing...I love the colors and details that you added into it! The star vellum packet is gorgeous indeed! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge! I sure hope to see your lovely work again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun vellum star shakers!! How smart is that!!!

    ReplyDelete