Well, well, well, I have just completed my first ever 'online card class', and I have to say, it was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I just loved it. I've been meaning to write a post about it for days now but have had no time as, sadly and annoyingly...I have to work haha.
Now, if you've ever visited my blog before, you'll be all too aware that I do have a slight obsession with watercolour techniques already, mostly using distress ink, but I just wanted to learn more so seemed like a natural progression and I am just so glad I did!
I'm not really sure how to write this post as the purpose is to give my 'homework' a home to post it to the online galleries, so will keep it really simple and just post my pics with a brief description, then as I play and practise with my newly learnt techniques, I can go a little more in depth.
So...here's my homework :)
day one & two - Watercolour backgrounds
- masking technique using 'masking fluid'.
- Hero Arts background stamped in clear embossing powder and 'washed' with watercolour paint.
- watercolour wash left to dry with a stencil on top.
- distress ink stamped and 'misted' on an acrylic block.
Day three and four - watercolour stamping
- first and second impression using distress inks on a hero arts background stamp, 'misted' and left to blend.
Day five and six - watercolouring stamped images
- images stamped in distress ink and blended with water.
- image watercoloured on stamp using distress markers misted with water.
Day seven and eight - faux hand-painting
- watercolour painted onto a spellbinder die 'embossed' into the cardstock.
- flowers coloured in water-colour paint, tracing over a lightly stamped My Mind's eye stamp.
Day nine and ten - Watercolour freehand
Day eleven - play day :) :) :)
So I guess I should apologise for such a long post - but I'm on a tight time limit here, and don't wanna miss out on the galleries after all my hard work LOL.
I really can't say enough positive things about this class, but most importantly is that it has been an absolute inspiration and has encouraged me to try things I would never have dared on my own.
Love it. Love it. Love it!!!
Go on...give it a go...you know you wanna :)