Friday 1 June 2018

Paper Piecing Hugs

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I’ve got some sweet & simple paper piecing...




...using Mama Elephant’s adorable In My Heart.


The In My Heart set is one of my all time favourite’s.  I think the artwork is so darling and delectable and there are some really kind and caring sentiments in there.  Oddly enough the little sprig of grass that comes in the set is one of those tiny stamps I reach for time and time again to help me build up scenes and has become invaluable to me!
 I stamped out one of the sweet little girls from the set three times onto watercolour card, and three times onto different patterned papers.  I coloured three of my wee lassies using my Zigs and cut leaving a slight white edge to imitate the look of die-cutting.  I then fussy cut the three little dresses from the patterned paper stamp outs, added a little detail with a white pen, and paper pieced over the top of my adorable girlies.

         

My backdrop is a rainbow made up of my trusty Zigs with a lot of water to help the colours blend.  My sentiment is from the same In My Heart set and is stamped and clear heat embossed to add definition and clarity.


I loved the clean and simple look of the design so decided to leave it there.

I really hope you like it, as always everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

In My Heart Image 1      Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set)

No comments:

Post a Comment