Thursday 22 January 2015

You can choose your friends...

Hi everyone,

A quick post to share a quick and simple card I made for the current challenge over at Less Is More, where this week, the theme is, 'Friends'.

And here's my card...




I used Lawn Fawn's, 'Our friendship grows', stamp set for this card.  I started by stamping the large sunflower from the set in the middle of the card, and colouring it using my watercolour markers.  I then give it a good spritz with water, so that all the colours would run all over the background.  I then stamped out the same image on a separate piece of card, and again, coloured using watercolour markers and misted with water to blend.  I also stamped the image onto one of my gorgeous wood veneer sheets from Make The Day Special and used the centre to add to my image for some added interest.  I cut all my extra bits out, give them all a quick lick of clear Wink of Stella, and adhered them in place.  I stamped the sentiment from the same Lawn Fawn set and heat embossed using Wow's 'Fool's Gold' powder.  I matted my panel onto a piece of corrugated card from DCWV to finish off, and there you have it.

Quick and simple, but bright and cheerful.

I hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment.

Love always'
jillxxx

5 comments:

  1. Love this sunflower with the wood veneer centre! It brings a bit of sunshine to a dull January day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so beautiful and a wonderful sentiment.
    A very cheery and 'sunny' card ... to brighten any day.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part and if you haven't already done so you might also like to link up at Uniko Studio where the challenge theme is Love & Friendship.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super, what a lovely sunny card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sunflowers and what a fab, happy card!
    Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete